PhD Viva of Glenn Langenburg: Lausanne (Switzerland) June 15

Welcome to the public CLPEX.com Message Board for Latent Print Examiners. Feel free to share information at will.

PhD Viva of Glenn Langenburg: Lausanne (Switzerland) June 15

Postby cchampod » Tue May 29, 2012 5:02 am

Dear CLPEX members,

I am pleased to announce the public presentation of the thesis of Glenn Langenburg entitled: “A Critical Analysis and Study of the ACE-V Process: Recommendations for Improving the Reliability of ACE-V for Friction Ridge Examinations”.
This is the final step towards the award of a PhD in forensic science from the University of Lausanne. The presentation (60-90 minutes in total) is scheduled on the 15 of the June, 14h00 on the University campus (Auditoire B of the Genopode building, just facing our building) in Lausanne-Dorigny (Switzerland). The presentation is open to all.

Feel free to contact me (christophe.champod@unil.ch) if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Christophe
C. Champod
ESC
University of Lausanne
Switzerland
cchampod

Re: PhD Viva of Glenn Langenburg: Lausanne (Switzerland) June 15

Postby Pat » Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 am

CONGRATULATIONS, Glenn!

Glenn has been working long, hard, and smart on his research for years. For many of us, this is the most awaited research publication in fingerprint identification in our careers.

For those of us who will not be able to travel to Lausanne for the public presentation, can you tell us when and where the full thesis will be printed?

Again, Glenn, at long last, Congratulations!

Pat
The views presented in this post are those of the author only. They do not necessarily represent the views of DoD or any of its components.
Pat

Postby charlton97 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:08 am

Wishing Glenn all the best of British!! From one Doctor to another!! ;.))

Cheers

Dave Charlton
charlton97

Postby bficken » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Will it be possible to get a copy of his thesis after the June 15th presentation? For those of us who can not attend.
bficken

Postby cchampod » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:26 am

Once the viva successfully passed, the candidate will receive the "imprimatur" and prepare the final manuscript. The document will then be officially published and made available on the Internet through our website: http://www.unil.ch/esc/page18345.html

By the way, you can directly download from that page, the PhD thesis from Nicole Egli: Interpretation of Partial Fingermarks Using an Automated Fingerprint Identification System. 2009

Very kind regards

Christophe
C. Champod
ESC
University of Lausanne
Switzerland
cchampod

Postby g. » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:08 pm

All,

The link listed is active. You can download a copy of the thesis at the UNIL server.

If you participated in the "PSU/UNIL 'sufficiency study'" this summer, you will be receiving a .pdf copy on your "goodie disk" and 1 in 20 will be randomly selected to receive a hard copy printed version.

If anyone wants a printed version of it, you can contact me at glenn@eliteforensicservices.com
Unfortunately they are fairly pricey to print (bound softcover book of 350+ pages, in color), runs about $60.

Regards,

g.
g.

Postby CamilleB » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I really recommend this thesis as a read. It’s an amazing collection of work, and Glenn makes some thought-provoking ruminations and recommendations.
CamilleB

Postby NRivera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 am

Glenn? Provoke thought? When did this happen??????? :lol:

It is definitely a must-read. I suspect many, if not all of the stated recommendations will find their way to a laboratory near you in the not-too-distant future.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving was not for you."
NRivera

Return to Public CLPEX Message Board